Lead Technical Support Engineer
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Lead Technical Support Engineer is a technical expert who acts as the primary interface between first/second line support and core engineering teams. He/she is responsible for handling work requests (which can be internally or externally generated) that have been routed for diagnosis and implementation while regularly updating internal and/or external customers. The Technical Support Engineer will handle work requests directly, or solicit assistance from the core engineering teams within the R&D team for non-known issues/defect reporting. The Technical Support Engineer would also identify applications defects, then test and document them for the core engineering teams to fix as part of the product.
- Provide support for internal and external customers
- Manage work requests that describe particular issues, software bugs or customer problems
- Develop appropriate fixes or SQL scripts to resolve customer problems, or identify existing scripts or patches that must be applied
- Be able to do in-depth code level debugging
- Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for critical issues escalation
- Distinguish between application database, operating system, network, and hardware problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Provide accurate and complete problem resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledge-base data
- Be the go-to technical person for the team
- Assist is workload distribution between team members
- Acts as subject matter expert on Medidata product (s) for the team
- Continually increase subject matter knowledge on Medidata products
- Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
- Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Basic experience with MySQL
- Basic experience with Ruby, Java and HTML code
- Basic experience with C#, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with application de-bugging
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
- Proven record of being the go-to technical member of the team
- Seasoned analyst with a proven record of satisfying clients
- Is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the first/second line support
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Customer focus and a proven pro-active approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences
- 2 - 4 years SQL Server specific training/work experience.
- 3– 5 years experience working in a regulated environment
- Command of Japanese (Native)
- Command of English (Business / Fluent)
- Command of Korean or Chinese (Business / Fluent) a plus
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Director of Global Engagement
Rochelle oversees Medidata’s company-wide diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives, executing and analyzing engagement surveys that allow her to create and complete important action items.
Back to top