Lead Product Owner
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata team is looking for a smart, driven Lead Product Owner to help drive our Platform solutions to the next level. This role will interface with customers, product managers, engineers, operations, and user experience designers to solve exciting challenges. The ultimate measure of success will be creation of innovative solutions that will be eagerly and easily adopted by pharma companies and clinical research organizations of all sizes.
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
● Own current and new modules providing core capabilities shared across Medidata’s entire product portfolio and used by hundreds of thousands of users globally
● Help shape product strategy and roadmap
● Collaborate with product management across multiple products and domains on complex business requirements and designs
● Be a leader, backlog owner, and end-user expert for a cross-functional Agile team of developers, quality assurance, online help and training authors, and UX designers
● Interact with product managers, internal subject matter experts, and customer end-users to understand and define the key problems, requirements, workflows, and define solutions
● Create detailed use cases, supporting functional requirements, workflows, user stories and acceptance criteria
● Work closely with User Experience designers to develop and approve user experience flows and designs
● Work closely with development team in an Agile SCRUM environment to refine, prioritize and support the development, testing and release of functionality
● Support and lead key internal cross-functional activities necessary for successful product release
● Lead customer feedback sessions, preparing presentations and engaging end users effectively to define innovative solutions
● Create presentations and demos to help train internal teams and educate customer users on roadmap and new functionality
● Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on product defects
● Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers
The Ideal Candidate can:
● Quickly and easily translate business requirements into functional requirements, well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria.
● Lead and participate in customer conversations and focus groups to ensure full understanding of the problems, their solutions, and the processes surrounding them.
● Work with engineering, user experience and software quality assurance to ensure the defined functional requirements are properly interpreted and implemented.
● Collaborate with project management, professional services, customer care, sales, marketing, service delivery, training, and user documentation teams to successfully launch new features and enhancements.
● Work with product peers across multiple products, workflows, and user personas to define shared vision, roadmap, and release plan for centralized platform components that enable new functionality across those products.
Skills and Qualifications:
● 5+ years experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Product Manager
● Bachelor of Science degree
● Experience with:
○ Complex SaaS enterprise solutions and large clients
○ Cross-product platform solutions such as identity management, centralized administration and configuration, user access management, single sign-on, home pages / portals for large product suites, and/or product integration / unification initiatives
○ Defining functionality and managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
○ Working with Agile development teams to successfully deliver enterprise software products
● Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
● Results-driven, data-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
● Strong presentation and verbal / written communication skills
● Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities
● Must have passion for and experience with turning data into valuable information and knowledge
● Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
● Life sciences / clinical trial technology experience preferred
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top