Lead Product Owner
What makes this opportunity exciting for data enthusiasts?
- Medidata sits on one of the largest data assets in the entire clinical sector and you’ll spend time with big data engineers, product managers and UX/UI gurus launching new products that provide value to hundreds of clients
- We’re a global SaaS company with a software imprint in 150 countries
- You’ll work with our UX team to create interactive prototypes, run user research and focus groups
- Data and Analytics is a significant focus of the organization and so the spotlight will be on you!
- We are the most successful NYC startup EVER (Current Market Valuation of $3.25B)
- We were named one of the best places to work in New York State
- You won’t ever have to wear a suit (or anything even close to a suit)
What you can expect:
This Lead Product Owner will conceive, launch, and own the roadmap for new and existing data products that leverage the Medidata Enterprise Data Store (MEDS) including MEDS External APIs, ODM Adapter and Rave Web Services, MEDS Ingestor and Extractor (UI to ingest and export data w/ deep MDR integration), and Batch Uploader to allow users to more easily ingest, manage, extract and report on/gain insights from data.
The Lead PO will also be responsible for defining user stories, prioritizing backlogs and approving completed stories in order to achieve product or program goals.
● Plan and execute features for current and future data products
● “Own” technology scrum team(s) which consist of engineers, architects, project managers, UX/UI Designers
● Launch new data product offerings
● Act as a key agile stakeholder and be the Medidata subject matter expert for all owned products.
● Propose and finalize prioritization with other Product team members.
● Conduct monthly internal stakeholder meetings
● Prepare and deliver new product awareness seminars
● Ensure clear communication and escalation of production issues.
● Break features down into user stories via story mapping with Dev Team: Defines A's and B's, and propose first release scope proposal to managers.
● Author / refine user stories, acceptance criteria, and collaborate with dev team on feature files
● Participate in release planning
● Attend all Agile meetings
● Provide supporting documentation and training to Technical Communications, Professional Services, Customer Care, and Service Delivery on owned feature or feature sets
● Work hand-in-hand with teammates that are working on similar products/projects
● Academic and professional qualifications:
○ University degree, preferably in business, information systems, marketing, computer science, or other relevant areas
○ Master’s degree strongly preferred
○ Experience bringing products to market; from ideation to launch
○ Strong understanding of platform and data service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS) and/or Data as a Service (DaaS)
○ Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
○ Experience translating business needs to a technical team
○ Experience translating technical needs to a business team
○ Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
○ Must have passion for turning data into valuable information and knowledge
○ Technical/software development experience a plus
○ Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
○ Skilled at creating business cases that meet product and strategic company objectives
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
○ Strong mix of creativity, product instincts, technical acumen, with a good mind for monetization, and an intense focus on customer empathy
○ Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant product experience managing APIs-as-a-product through the full software development life cycle (3+ if Master’s Degree has been acquired)
○ Deep Product-based experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures
○ Strong preference for information technology or hands-on engineering experience (must have technical expertise)
○ Data modeling, architecture, performance tuning experience
○ Life Sciences experience
○ Multiple, proven successes of launching and managing data products
● Travel and location requirements:
■ Minimal travel
■ You’ll work in our SoHo, NY office. Also acceptable: SF and UK
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top