Lead Product Owner
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Rave product team at Medidata is looking for a smart and driven Product Owner to help drive our products to market. This role will interface with customers, product and technology teams to launch new and innovative products.
- We are the market leader.
- We’re a global SaaS company with a software in 150 countries
- You’ll create interactive prototypes, learn how to run user research and focus groups
- Contribute to the success of our flagship product.
- We are the most successful NYC startup.
- We were named one of the best places to work in New York State.
- Collaborative team working environment.
- Learn from the best product team in the life sciences industry.
What you can expect:
The Lead Product Owner defines stories, prioritizes backlog and approves completed stories in order to achieve product or program goals. The Lead Product Owner acts as a key agile stakeholder and subject matter expert for the product.
● Lead all planning and execution of features and epics for your product(s)
● Define minimum viable products and establish success criteria
● Deliver internal and external product awareness seminars
● Break features down into user stories via story mapping with Engineer Team
● Attend all Agile meetings
● Provide supporting documentation and training to Technical Communications, Professional Services, Customer Care, and Service Delivery on owned feature or feature sets.
● Propose and finalize prioritization with other Product team members.
● Conduct monthly internal stakeholder meetings
● Prepare and deliver new product awareness seminars
● Ensure clear communication and escalation of production issues.
● Propose and implement new processes to help capture internal and external feedback more effectively
● Execute client focus groups and feedback sessions.
● Be a strong voice in the product’s definition and vision. Act as the proxy of your product’s user base, communicating their business process and representing their current needs and pain points.
● Academic and professional qualifications:
○ University degree, preferably in business, information systems, marketing, computer science, or other relevant areas
○ MBA preferred
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
■ Sufficient to present to internal stakeholders
■ Sufficient to present to external customers
○ Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
○ Ability to translate business needs to a technical team
○ Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
○ Technical/software development experience a plus
○ Results-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
○ 5+ years with BS, 4+ years with MS
○ Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences strongly preferred
○ Agile experience strongly preferred
○ Experience delivering products to market.
● Passion to work with clients to improve the clinical trial process.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top