Lead Product Manager
Our Industry: Where We Play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Cofounders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on demand. Developing cutting edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
As one of the three pillars of future growth, the mHealth team sits at one of the most innovative points of Medidata, and is challenged with creating solutions that fundamentally change the way clinical trials are designed and executed. We’re harnessing a quickly growing trend within life sciences industry to elevate the patient’s voice throughout the clinical trial process, by enabling the capture of patient data in the real world, and engaging patients to ensure a higher quality experience. We’re utilizing the technology already in the pockets of most patients today, and taking advantage of the latest trends in apps, wearable sensors, and SDKs to push life sciences to rethink clinical trials in the 21st century.
The Lead Product Manager is a key position within the mHealth product team, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management. In this role, you’ll take ownership of our patient facing mobile application, including Electronic Patient Reported Outcomes (ePRO) and our latest addition to the portfolio, Electronic Informed Consent (eConsent). In this role, you’ll work to create a roadmap for a unified ePRO and eConsent solution, working with internal SMEs, commercial and marketing teams, and key charter customers along the way.
● Define, own and communicate a product roadmap that delivers products and features that drive revenue growth through strong positioning and differentiation
● Champion ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data
● Ensure product definitions meet and exceed immediate and long-term business, customer, and market expectations
● Collaborate on product business cases that capitalize on market opportunities to generate revenue growth
● Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Quality, & Project Management to ensure timely development and delivery of high-quality products within an agile development framework
● Be a leading go-to-market planning by working collaboratively across commercial and customer support teams, including pricing, positioning and packaging for a cohesive strategy
● Ensure availability and open communications of roadmap and product development plans at all stages of the product lifecycle
● Identify areas of innovation across the product suite, and collaborate with stakeholders to define solutions that anticipate changing customer and market environments
● Support sales and other customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers
● Cultivate a deep understanding of the Clinical Trials space, including engagement with all segments of the customer base
The Lead Product Manager will be a seasoned, disciplined and passionate leader with proven experience in Enterprise SaaS. The role requires a smart, creative and highly organized individual that has demonstrated that s/he can lead, inspire, grow and empower highly-talented and highly committed individuals, yet can be hands-on if/when necessary to get things done.
● 5+ years in Product Management with a BS, 3+ years with MS
● Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences
● Agile experience strongly preferred
● Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
● Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top