Lead Engineer / Architect
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Have you ever wondered how the drug that you pick up in a drug store goes from an idea in a researcher's mind to being approved for use around the world? We make the software that medical researchers use to manage clinical trials – enabling researchers to verify the efficacy and safety of new drugs -which allows the industry to bring new drugs to market quickly and efficiently.
Medidata Solutions is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to join our Study Planning development team. Our mission is to work with the absolute best engineers to provide pharmaceutical and biotech organizations with the most advanced tools for planning and managing their clinical trials.
We are continually building and improving our cloud-based clinical trial solution to put innovative technology and insightful data into the hands of researchers allowing new treatments to reach markets safely, efficiently and effectively. If you are interested in applying your passion and skills to truly impact society in a positive way and not just work for a company that creates yet another social media network application please read on.
What we are looking for:
Lead Software Applications Engineer(s) with 5+ years’ experience building cloud based web services. We work mainly in Ruby on Rails, but we’re interesting in finding high quality software engineers using other object-oriented languages.
You’ll need to demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented PaaS environment.
- Design and development of distributed services using Ruby on Rails, Clojure, MySQL, Postgres amongst other tools.
- Knowledge of REST and experience in developing RESTful services
- Capability to develop scalable, highly performant code
- Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, UI engineers and UX designers, in an agile environment
- Ability to debug and analyze issues in a distributed SOA environment to find root causes and make technical impact assessments
- Can thrive working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- A desire to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including development of service contracts
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- Provide technical leadership
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years development using Ruby, Java, Python, Clojure or C#
- 5+ years experience with Object Oriented analysis and design
- Ability to effectively critique other’s code in Pull Requests
- Capacity to refactor code for purposes of efficiency, improved performance
- Experience with BDD and TDD and ability to apply appropriate design patterns
- Experience with rspec & cucumber or other unit test frameworks in other languages
- Ability to write acceptance criteria for features in simple business language
- Experience with complex SQL queries and database performance issues
- Use of a distributed source control system (such as Git)
- Experience with deploying to cloud hosting environments, such as AWS
- Healthcare and clinical trial domain experience a definite plus
- Experience with Ruby On Rails 3.X or 4.X a definite plus
We offer our engineers a highly competitive compensation that includes base, bonus and a strong benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, vision care, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts FSA, commuter FSA, 401K, tuition reimbursement program, paid company holidays and unlimited paid time off. We send engineers to conferences and seminars to learn and get exposed to new ideas and bring back the knowledge and the contacts that they acquired.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top