Lead Data Engineer - BI Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Provide technology leadership to a diverse engineering and report developer team
- Design and implement a multitenant client facing reporting and analytics platform leveraging commercial BI vendors as well as open source and in-house developed solutions.
- Design, implement, and document data architecture and data modeling solutions for cloud based data stores, which include the use of relational, NoSQL and NewSQL databases and which support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other business interests
- Identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers
- Providing technology leadership to a team of engineers and report developers
- Expertise with visualizing data in a customer facing multi-tenant environment with Tableau, Business Objects, Quicksight, PowerBI, Spotfire, Looker, Metabase or similar tools
- Building ETL or analytical pipelines combining multiple data technologies for batch loading (Talend, Informatica, Pentaho) or streaming (eg Kafka, Flink, Spark)
- Using a panoply of database technologies, relational and non-relational, including MSSQL/Oracle, Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, Redis, Hadoop
- Cloud-oriented with strong understanding of SaaS models and cloud services (preferably AWS)
- Excellent technical documentation and writing skills
- You have a bias towards automation, an Agile/Lean mindset and embrace the Devops culture
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in math, data or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in data engineering and or data science
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top