(Korea) Lead Technical Support Engineer
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Lead Technical Support Engineer is a technical expert who acts as the primary interface between first/second line support and core engineering teams. He/she is responsible for handling work requests (which can be internally or externally generated) that have been routed for diagnosis and implementation while regularly updating internal and/or external customers. The Technical Support Engineer will handle work requests directly, or solicit assistance from the core engineering teams within the R&D team for non-known issues/defect reporting. The Technical Support Engineer would also identify applications defects, then test and document them for the core engineering teams to fix as part of the product.
• Provide support for internal and external customers
• Manage work requests that describe particular issues, software bugs or customer problems
• Develop appropriate fixes or SQL scripts to resolve customer problems, or identify existing scripts or patches that must be applied
• Be able to do in-depth code level debugging
• Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
• Participate in weekend on-call rotation for critical issues escalation
• Distinguish between application database, operating system, network, and hardware problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
• Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
• Provide accurate and complete problem resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting
• Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledge-base data
• Be the go-to technical person for the team
• Assist is workload distribution between team members
• Acts as subject matter expert on Medidata product(s) for the team
• Continually increase subject matter knowledge on Medidata products
• Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
• Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
• Basic experience with MySQL
• Basic experience with Ruby, Java and HTML code
• Basic experience with C#, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
• Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
• Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with application de-bugging
• Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
• Proven record of being the go-to technical member of the team
• Seasoned analyst with a proven record of satisfying clients
• Is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the first/second line support
• Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
• Customer focus and a proven pro-active approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
• Command of native level Korean (read/write/speak) and business level English required.
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences
• 2 - 4 years SQL Server specific training/work experience.
• 3– 5 years experience working in a regulated environment
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions Korea Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top