IT Audit Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Plan, supervise, and execute various IT Audits and reviews to determine the effectiveness of the internal control environment in conformity with IIA/ISACA Frameworks of Professional Standards guidelines.
- Plan and coordinate organizational IT risk assessment.
- Review IT policies, guidelines and procedure documents to determine compliance and controls.
- Perform IT SOX planning, testing and compliance.
- Review SSAE 16 reports and Company’s security framework
- Perform Integrated Application Reviews, Pre and Post-Implementation Reviews, General Control Reviews, Physical and Logical Security Reviews, etc.
- Perform all phases of field work, to include: risk assessment, program development, work paper documentation, testing, controls evaluation and remediation follow-up.
- Draft and communicate audit findings and recommendations to management.
- Knowledge of computer-based systems, Software as a Service platforms, security management, application security, logical access, facility controls and physical access, and ability to develop effective IT audit programs. Experience with the process flows.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively lead a discussion or meeting.
- Strong analytical skills and able to produce quality work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Internal control requirements and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of IFSR/US GAAP and Auditing Standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Prior work experience managing and supervising senior and junior level staff resources in the areas of internal or external audit.
Your Education & Experience:
- Degree from an accredited University in Computer Science, Information Systems and / or Accounting;
- Min 7 years Big 4, consulting practice advisory and /or large company IT audit experience
- Professional Certification preferred –CPA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA or CFE
- Strong knowledge of internal control concepts, principles, and techniques, including COSO and COBIT frameworks.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing and mentoring staff.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top