Internal Audit Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Plan, supervise and execute internal audits, SOX testing and process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the development and execution of audit procedures, including documenting processes and procedures, establishing testing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and identifying and documenting process and control issues.
- Maintain and monitor control framework documentation and finance policies and procedures. Work with the process owners to keep the policies and control framework updated. Create and maintain business process flows for controls and to identify improvements.
- Help perform risk assessments.
- Prepare audit reports that identify and document observations of the adequacy and effectiveness of management's controls, business risks, related exposures, and value added recommendations and corrective actions. Identify and report process improvements and efficiency opportunities during completion of audit.
- Plan and execute various special projects and corporate initiatives including providing support to the external auditors during SOX, interim, and year-end testing.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of business management and with other team members.
- Assist in providing assurance to executive and operating management on the adequacy of internal controls, and adherence to Corporate and Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out day to day Audit Department functions.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CIA, CISA or MBA preferred. Experience in IT audits and SOX will be a big plus
- Minimum seven years in internal and external auditing, internal controls assessment and/or Sox 404 evaluation and testing. Big 4 CPA firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer-based systems and ability to develop effective financial, operational and performance audit programs. Experience with the process flows.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively lead a discussion or meeting.
- Strong analytical skills and able to produce quality work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Internal control requirements and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of IFSR/US GAAP and Auditing Standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Prior work experience managing and supervising senior and junior level staff resources in the areas of internal or external audit.
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top