Inside Account Executive
Medidata Solutions, Inc.
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of SaaS clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced solutions lower the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of the technology / life sciences industries. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness, and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner! We are publicly traded (MDSO) with nearly 800 customers, have customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials across the globe. We are still led by Co-founders Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
What is Inside Sales at Medidata?
Inside Sales is remote sales. It has been called virtual sales, professional sales done remotely, or a common favorite, “sales in the cloud.” The inside sales model allows us to interact with a high volume of accounts. Once on a call, Inside Account Executives (IAE's) can enjoy smart conversations thanks to contextual data about prospects that can be delivered from a CRM, marketing tools, and other types of cloud-based sales software. The use of modern technologies such as video and web conferencing has transformed the concept of "selling over the phone". As the Inside Sales Executive with Medidata, you are responsible for achieving booking, revenue, & profit objectives within your assigned territory – through a mixture of new business revenue and account management. We don’t expect you to do this alone – we have a structure in place to help you achieve your goals. The Inside Sales Account Executives create and build consultative, long-term relationships with their customers to create tailored, cost effective solutions. Personal involvement in customer relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction are essential to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
• You’ll be responsible for identify, and closing opportunities across a portfolio of solutions, within new and existing accounts within your assigned territory
• Proactively mapping, identifying and contacting key stakeholders and decision makers within these accounts
• Building meaningful, long term business relationships with key stakeholders within these accounts and leveraging them to expand the account footprint – up to C-Level or higher
• Educating, and consulting with key decision makers on our Value proposition and solutions portfolio – be their trusted advisor
• Develop external relationships with Medidata partners / CRO’s and leverage these to help close business where required
• Partner with the sales development specialists to nurture and close close mid-market lead opportunities
• Collaborate with, and coordinate internal resources within sales and other departments when required
• Maintaining and updating sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce – and consistently achieving/exceeding quarterly/annual targets
• Manage and retain existing accounts through building customer loyalty and providing exceptional customer experience
• Complete administrative work as required
Your Competencies, Education & Experience:
• Minimum 3-5+ years of previous tech / software sales experience preferred
• Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
• Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
• Demonstrated success with process approached selling
• Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
• Strong business planning and organizational skills
• Solid analytical and technical skills
• Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
• Application software sales experience a plus
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant sales experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Medidata Solutions Korea Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top