Implementation Consultant- Content Management
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Implementation Consultants (IC) help ensure that Medidata’s software applications are implemented and configured in accordance with Medidata standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to Good Clinical Data Management Practices. IC’s also consult with our clients, provide guidance and make suggestions on how to best implement Medidata’s software to provide the most value.
The Implementation Consultants work with Project Managers and other functional departments during the implementation and configuration of Medidata’s software applications for clinical studies, in addition to helping in the training, education and mentoring of colleagues who are new to working with clinical trials. The IC will be the primary resource for authoring specification documents and used by different groups as well as configuring study design during the development of clinical studies using Medidata’s suite of products.
• Partner with team members on Medidata’s GXP regulated content management application set up, configuration, and verification testing.
• Act as the client point of contact for assigned instance configuration queries during implementation
• Execute client instance configuration verification and assemble summary report
• Administer and manage account set up and access down to folder and file object level.
• Advise external customers and internal staff on best practices for implementing Medidata’s software
• Work with Project Managers in translation of customer needs in terms of system functionality to ensure a match between needs and actual system capabilities/limitations
• Work directly with the client to prepare, adapt, or agree on all specifications provided by the client
• Ensure that Clinical Services functions are aligned and meet Project Management timelines and deliverables
• Support Training Group in preparation of course materials and delivery of courses both internally and externally (e.g., clinical sites and investigator meetings) as needed
• Support custom integrations to ensure final product meets customer requirements
• Support customer during user acceptance testing cycle by resolving issues, answering questions, and guiding them through the process
• Provide written and verbal status reports to management on client projects and internal projects.
• Participate in internal initiatives, e.g., process improvement, product improvement, and identifying best practices
• Comply with and enforce Medidata SOPs, procedures, and policies
• Own a customer facing project
• Expert level in troubleshooting software/hardware problems, identify root cause of issues in the Windows and Mac environment
• Current operational hands-on experiences with file sync and share applications
• Experience with the migration and management of regulated content
• Experience with cloud based file sync share services such as BOX
• Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
• Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
• Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
• Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
• Strong collaboration and team-building skills
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Responsible for execution and delivery
Your Preferred Competencies:
(list ‘ideal’ technical/functional competencies - Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
Your Education & Experience:
• 4 -year college degree required (analytic discipline a plus)
• 3+ years of experience configuring and managing client and mobile access to file content management systems.
• Good experience working with clinical trials in a data management-related role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top