Head of Strategic Partnerships
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Working as a part of the Corporate Development team, you will identify, develop and manage strategic partnerships that contribute to Medidata’s business growth.
• Lead effort to assess opportunities across the current and future markets addressable by Medidata where strategic partnerships could significantly accelerate the adoption of Medidata solutions by our customers. Develop overall plan – i.e. focus areas, resources, priorities, business cases, for our strategic partnering efforts
• Drive execution of the partnership plan. Identify, evangelize and cultivate proposed new partnerships.
• Lead negotiation and structuring of partnerships, working cross-functionally with other medidata groups.
• Grow and manage partnerships to deliver expected results. Work across the Medidata organization to ensure successful delivery of partnership plan. Manage results with partner companies through regular governance processes.
• Understanding of Life Sciences and/or Enterprise Software industries.
• Track record of developing, structuring and growing business partnerships that deliver a significant contribution to the success of the business
• Experience with negotiating large and complex partnership deals
• Candidate likely has previous business consulting experience
• Demonstrated experience working with senior management
• Excellent presentation skills and communication skills
• Travel: - Up to 20%
Your Education & Experience:
• Top-tier MBA or equivalent required
• Experience in product management or top tier consulting firm a plus
• Strongly preferred a minimum of eight years of experience in business development, partnerships, or alliance management
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top