Global Account Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Achieving sales and account growth objectives in named accounts including identifying and qualifying platform growth opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction - consistent with Medidata business principals.
• Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
• Development and execution of strategic sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities within assigned territory
• Representing Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
• Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
• Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
• Maintaining and updating account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including SalesForce.com
• Quarterly and/or annual sales targets are covered under a separate document
• Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
• Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
• Strong application software sales experience
• Working knowledge of life sciences industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success with process approached selling
• Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
• Strong business planning and organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top