Global Account Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Achieving sales and account growth objectives in named accounts including identifying and qualifying platform growth opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction - consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned accounts
- Development and execution of strategic global account plans
- Representing Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Effective collaboration within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including SalesForce.com
- Quarterly and/or annual sales targets are covered under a separate document
- Proven track record in driving large/mid size account growth and exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrable success in strategic account development at an enterprise level
- Proven ability to develop C-level customer relationships
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive in achieving new product/services sales growth
- Strong life sciences and/or application software sales experience
- A passion for the life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – with the ability to connect at senior levels
- Strong understanding and experience/success with consultative selling principles
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organisational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organisational skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong record of success in exceeding yearly sales targets
- Strong understanding/experience of solution/consultative sales techniques
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top