Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation.
We invented the Medidata Clinical Cloud® which is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for over 90% of the world's top global pharmaceutical and medical-device companies - from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are publicly traded (MDSO), have 850 customers with retention rates at 100% and a revenue run-rate of over $500M in 2017. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 12,000 clinical trials to date giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with 1600 employees.
The Senior Facilities & Corporate Services Specialist is responsible for helping to ensure that the office and infrastructure is run at optimal efficiency. He/She will support the maintenance and mechanics of the facilities.
● Independently perform and/or oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance and repair of Building systems including, but not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, hardware, keying and fire protection; Identifies opportunities for system enhancements and improvements and creates and fulfills action plan
● Independently perform, assist in or oversee the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment
● Flexible to cover various shifts to provide support coverage and to work extended hours (nights/weekends/holidays) to ensure adequate coverage and perform necessary repairs
● Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems
● Respond to afterhours emergencies such as fire, flooding, power outage and other related situations including but not limited to clean-up activities, repairs, etc and report updates to Management
● Accurately fulfill employee tickets, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required; Identify trends in ticket types and/or location and make recommendations to eliminate or decrease opportunities for reoccurrence
● Provide proper care to the assigned equipment and tools. Keep equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe
● Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists and provide feedback and recommend direction on contractors
● Lead the coordination of work, conducting and/or providing support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance; Employ maintenance procedures and techniques in accordance with equipment preservation and safety guidelines and recommend new procedures or improvements to procedures
● Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate
● Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required and provide recommendations based on items on logs, recurring problems, etc.
● Provide technical support and assist in the training and upgrading of skills of less experienced staff
● Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with employees via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service.
● Ensure 9th floor is attended to with heightened sensitivity due to Exec and client exposure
● Space management- Actively manages and leads seating planning by analyzing headcount growth against available seating- identify and resolve seating conflicts and/or issues; Assign seats for new hires: assist with conducting new hire tours; Conduct quarterly seating audits to ensure accuracy
● Manage and handle employee desk/office moves, partnering with Enterprise Support and external vendors (when required), including project oversight and logistics for complex department seating restacks and reorganizations
● Manage and assist with event setup/breakdown- coordinate logistics utilizing appropriate calendar management
● Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
● Proactively makes recommendations for new procedures taking into account safety, budget, logistics and space.
● Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
● Ability to travel to NJ office and provide coverage.
● Prior employment in a high-tech industry is a plus.
● Able to lift/move furniture that generally would not exceed 50 lbs.
● Proactive and strong attention to detail
● Able to conduct repairs – electrical, plumbing, furniture, etc.
● Excellent communication skills, follow up and work ethic
● Must be flexible to work OT as required
Your Preferred Competencies:
● Certification in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Furniture and Fixtures is preferred
Your Education & Experience:
● 6+ years of related experience in a facilities related function
● Associate’s degree or higher is preferred
● Strong experience in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Furniture and Fixtures
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
· THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
· TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
· DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
· LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
· TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top