Engineering Manager, Mobile
- New York, NY
Medidata is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, Mobile to lead our growing mobile engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate our mobile platform, from devices and mobile sensors to API’s. This position provides an opportunity to evolve key pillars of Medidata’s strategy for powering smarter treatments.
- Directs the activities of a software systems development function, software applications development function, and a software quality assurance function for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools
- Oversee the analysis, design, delivery, and evolution of our mobile platform. Responsibilities span mobile applications, sensors, and platform API’s.
- Builds relationships with product managers, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively prioritize requirements and delivery efforts
- Grow the organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
- Inspire, empower and motivate the organization, leading by example.
- Interact with executives and/or major customers to establish and communicate a technical vision for our data capture platform.
- Proven leadership in driving and growing several agile software development teams across multiple engineering managers
- Proven leadership scaling application development teams that are self organizing, loosely coupled, yet highly aligned
- Technical experience with iOS and Android, designing and consuming RESTful API’s for mobile consumers, building data products on mobile data streams, mobile application testing, and designing high impact and easy to use SDK’s
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience leading software engineering teams building mobile applications and API’s.
- Experience mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders in an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top