EMEA, Partner Business Manager
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Partner Business Manager effectively manages commercial activities of a specific Partner or Partners in regard to their currently contracted or future business with Medidata. The Partner Business Manager needs to be highly organized, used to working with multiple internal and external customers, familiar with standard sales processes, and well versed in internal and external operations that drive revenue recognition. Chiefly among these are contracts, change orders and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) management.
- Engage with Partners to acquire signature on contracts ensuring accuracy on specs of contract, providing product and pricing knowledge as necessary, functioning as adjunct sales resource
- Develop and manage existing Medidata Partner relationships in conjunction with multiple internal departments e.g. field sales, finance, sales ops and legal
- Can have guided sales discussions with Partner business contacts
- Working within any applicable Governance structure in place with Partner accounts, attending and participating in meetings
- Manage the sales pipeline with our Partners and update Medidata CRM system
- Achieve relevant sales targets
- Work with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to coordinate opportunity efforts
- Assisting with Medidata Partner Program development, implementation and management, including go-to-market strategy
- Liaise with internal proposal teams to facilitate detailed pricing and contracting of Medidata’s software and services, including Sales Orders and Change Orders
- Act as the lead on chasing revenue and late payments included on Sales Orders and Change Orders, working with external customers to fully understand their processes
- Provide pricing guidance to external customers when required during any change to original contract
- Facilitate and communicate to Partner regular updates of Mediquote pricing and contractual templates as required
- Lead ad hoc projects as required
- Some travel required
- Familiarity with eClinical market or worked at life sciences company
- Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Must be motivated to work within detailed operational matters, but have the desire to work with outside customers on a daily basis
- Previous Account Management experience and record of achieving assigned quota targets
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Master’s Degree or higher a plus
- 4-5 years successful hands-on experience working with CROs or within a channels or alliance program, account management or direct sales involving software applications sales/consulting
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top