Director Sales Compensation
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
As the Director, Sales Compensation, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and driving the design, planning and implementation of effective incentive compensation plans and policies worldwide. You will provide strategies, designs and consulting in all aspects of these compensation programs. This is a key role since many studies show that sales incentive compensation is a key driver to sales success and minimizing flight risk. Must be able to work within a cross-functional team environment and at all levels within the organization, to lead and influence. You must be flexible, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with strong leadership and influencing skills. You will partner closely with global Sales leadership, Finance, HR, and Sales Operations.
• Lead and drive the annual incentive compensation design process, partnering with sales, services and finance executive leadership.
• Develop and implement sales compensation strategy in regards to design, planning and implementation. This includes defining and documenting sales compensation mechanics and policies as well as collecting and validating relevant data to ensure commissions are calculated accurately.
• Conduct research on incentive compensation plans and incorporate leading strategies and components into designs.
• Develop policies and guidelines to support administration of incentive plans.
• Identify and proactively manage incentive compensation issues.
• Communicate and educate HR, finance, management and employees on compensation programs.
• Understand success metrics and be able to report, track, and identify substantive takeaways.
• Ensure effective project management and timely delivery on all compensation programs.
• Manage, mentor and coach team members
• Experience building and/or redesigning a sales compensation function and related strategy, operational plan and processes to support sales teams across multiple businesses and regions .
• Excellent business acumen, strategic planning, analytical, communication, project management, and change management skills.
• Sound business judgment and ability to make appropriate recommendations to senior executives regarding the quality and integrity of Incentive Compensation Plan design and execution, and any related issues.
• Recognized "expert" in sales incentive design and management as well as several quantitative and/or qualitative methods; top tier incentive compensation design consulting firm experience a plus.
• Capability to coordinate the flow of communication and strategic alignment across multiple stakeholders to ensure appropriate incentive programs are effectively designed, financed, and implemented.
• Ability to lead and influence all levels
Your Education & Experience:
• BA/BS degree; relevant graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of seven to ten years of solid, supervisory/ management experience in Compensation experience, including 5+ years in sales incentive and commission plans design, management & administration.
• Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top