Medidata is looking for an experienced Director, Engineering to lead our CTMS Study Management & legacy CTMS engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate the solution. This position reports to the VP, Engineering / Solution lead for Site Engagement & Study Planning. and provides an opportunity to evolve key pillars of Medidata’s strategy for powering smarter treatments and healthier patients..
● Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization. Inspire, empower and motivate the team, leading by example.
● Oversee the analysis, design, delivery of our CTMS Study Management solution.
● Leverage our software engineering partners alongside our internal teams to operate and deliver in the most effective manner
● Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment using OO principles with a deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
● Build relationships with product management, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively refine system requirements and size delivery efforts.
● Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features for CTMS Study Management & Classic CTMS
● Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
● Work closely with the test team manager to ensure a solid overall test strategy is in place for the solution
● Proactively encourage team members to increase the breadth and depth of their leadership, technical and soft skills.
● Collaborate with Senior Management and major stakeholders to establish and communicate a technical vision for the solution
● Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
● Ensure the team follows Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their clinical trials.
● Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team regarding code reviews, software designs and all other engineering and business aspects
● Proven leadership in driving and growing several agile software development teams
● Experience at director level engineering positions
● Proven leadership scaling application development teams that are self-organizing, loosely coupled, yet highly aligned.
● Proven technical leadership regarding feature design, enhancement and implementation of complex commercial software solutions
● Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied in a service environment
● Full-Stack software development experience architecting and building robust distributed systems that scale well
● Proven track record of meeting schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
● Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
● Strong cross team collaboration skills
● Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent
● Experience as an engineering manager or above is required
● Experience leading & working with remote engineering teams and 3rd party vendors
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS is desired
● Experience with the Google apps suite, GitHub, Git, MySQL are desired
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top