Director, Client Services
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities and to ensure that Medidata is able to deliver quality projects and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources.
- Management of APM, PM, SR PM, ED's, Sr ED who are responsible for one or more larger more complex projects with a focus on delivery of the scope on time, within budget and with a high quality outcome
- Provide general oversight and management for (sub) Business segment clients
- Provide financial management activities for one or more client budgets as well as preparation and execution of Statements of Works and Change Orders
- Oversight in the budgeting and engagement authorization process
- Generate Professional Services proposals and support prospecting activities
- Maintain appropriate project/client documentation within e-binders for one or more projects/clients
- Maintain high client satisfaction by providing proactive communication and issue management
- Support the activities that will result in the expanded use of the Medidata Applications and Services
- Develop client relationship as “trusted advisor” role through effective proactive project management
- Provide guidance and consulting to clients around the best use of the Medidata Applications
- Is Deep Subject Matter Expert in at least 3 Medidata Applications through the delivery of workshops and other consultancy activities
- Manage 2-5 resources reporting to the Director, Client Services, which includes activities such are hiring, performance management, coaching, mentoring, disciplinary actions, etc
- Assures compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies and Medidata SOPs and mentors other project resources
- A very good understanding of clinical research (pharma, device and/or biotech sectors) and of Clinical Research SaaS technology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellence with MS Project, project development and management
- Self motivated, able to work remotely and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
- Prior management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Is proficient in the use of all relevant Medidata internal systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel expectations up to 40% – 50%, national / international
Your Education & Experience:
- Master degree required (analytic discipline a plus)
- Over 10 years relevant experience in clinical/biomedical and/or software development environment
- 2-5 Years line management experience
- Prior professional services project financial experience required
- Prior services delivery experience required
- Electronic Clinical Data Management (eCDM) software consulting experience desirable
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top