Director, Business Development EMEA
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Director, Business Development is responsible for leading the EMEA Business Development Specialists. This is a high profile role vital to keeping the EMEA sales pipeline full of highly qualified sales opportunities. Reporting to VP Sales Transformation, EMEA, this is an excellent opportunity to transform an existing team to drive strong pipeline and have an impact on EMEA sales results.
- Develop, coach and hire top business development talent within the team
- Work closely with EMEA Sales Leadership to build a business development strategy that meets the growth needs of the business
- Use data to make decisions on where to focus people and digital resources in building a high volume lead generation engine
- Represent Medidata Solutions in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team in times of change
- Demonstrate a data driven approach to drive lead generation
- A consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Ability to conduct market level analyses to identify opportunities, and develop and execute acquisition strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience managing a team of 6-8 people.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Rochelle R.Director of Global Engagement
Rochelle oversees Medidata’s company-wide diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives, executing and analyzing engagement surveys that allow her to create and complete important action items.
Back to top