Digital Marketing Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager, based in the UK, reporting to the EMEA Field Marketing Director. You will be responsible for building, executing and measuring the regional digital plan, always ensuring strong alignment between marketing execution and sales objectives. You will work with the regional EMEA team, driving awareness, engagement, and demand generation for Medidata’s Clinical Cloud solutions. This role requires proactively engaging cross-functional teams across the organization.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven individual, able to innovate in a fast-paced environment, with a “hands-on” approach to accomplish the work. You should be accountable, and most importantly, have appetite to try new approaches. You enjoy building personal relationships with sales reps and customers and see yourself as an advocate to promote their successes. As part of the EMEA Marketing team, we all work together to support our revenue goals and we own the success of our respective areas of focus.
- Work with Regional Field Marketing, Communications Teams, and Corporate stakeholders to develop a regional digital marketing plan that will drive short and long term market awareness, business and revenue objectives, ensuring consistent messaging and alignment
- Plan and execute all regional digital marketing activities, including SEO / SEM, email, paid and organic social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Track, measure, and report performance of all regional digital marketing campaigns, and assess against established goals and metrics (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Maintain working knowledge of Medidata products and solutions through training and research
- Maintain working knowledge of the Life Sciences industry and clinical development through ongoing training
- Effectively manage budget allocated with quarterly accountability
- Some travel may be required, mostly within Western Europe and North America.
- Experience in building and executing SEO / SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising programs, focused on outcomes
- Knowledge and experience of digital marketing processes, up-to-date best practices, and the latest trends in online marketing and measurement
- Ability to write & edit effective, engaging, content to support digital marketing activities
- Ability to leverage data and insights in the development of digital programs
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Experience in building and optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Laser focus view on achieving goals and driving success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills- Self-motivated, high-energy, adaptable, resourceful, and results-oriented
- EMEA headquarters location required
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of B-to-B marketing experience preferably supporting a direct sales force in the enterprise software industry
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, and developing and running programs against a digital strategy
- Demonstrated ability to develop, present and position, and execute marketing plans that align to sales objectives
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top