Device Provisioning Lead
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Mobile Health (mHealth) team is part of the mobile health and Professional Services business units and is responsible for the development and commercialization of Medidata’s offering to support trials that include mobile apps, wearable sensors, and electronic clinical outcomes assessments (eCOA) as well as Electronic Consent solutions. The Device Provisioning Lead will be part of a new group within Medidata Professional Services mHealth Services to manage the device logistics and oversight for the mHealth solutions, focusing on vendor management, assisting internal and external stakeholders on offering of services, look to find opportunities for efficiencies and reduce costs to increase profit margins. This role will also work closely with our customer success team to oversee the mHealth helpdesk for Site and Patient calls. Responsibilities will also include oversight for device provisioning vendors, management of device inventory, and servicing as point of contact for project managers running mHealth trials. This job will require careful management of timelines, ability to manage vendors, ability to use Medidata’s systems for processing invoices, and capacity to work closely with the mHealth sales and product teams to evolve and improve this offering to scale.
The Device Provisioning Lead will contribute substantially to the vision and strategy of the mobile health and Professional Services business units at Medidata by driving the effective and timely implementation of eCOA & eConsent studies. Responsibilities include:
- Secure provisioning devices and manage billing to the client.
- Oversee and manage our vendors and suppliers to ensure devices are provisioned and set up on time across global trial deployments. This will include coordination of device suppliers with provisioning vendors with project timelines.
- Participate on Sales calls as well as assist the Sales teams on questions and creative solutions for client requests
- Collaborate with internal groups to assist in the development and updating of SOPs/training documents to scale provisioning activities
- Continue to evolve pricing models by managing device inventory
- Expand the vendor ecosystem for additional vendors, where appropriate
- Ensure that provisioning timelines are met with current portfolio of studies
- Act as the point person for any troubleshooting, escalations with provisioning activities
- Work closely with mHealth Product team to help coordinate device requirements for product release cycles
- Work with our internal procurement systems to ensure devices orders are up to date
- Ensure Project Management timelines are maintained and kept up to date across the mHealth Portfolio of trials
- Familiarity with eCOA preferred
- 3+ years of experience with inventory/logistic management
- 3+ years of experience with managing vendors; ideally in a provisioning, supply chain environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in an agile environment with a cross functional team
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s and advanced degrees required
- Vendor Management experience preferably 3+ years
- Project Management experience preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top