In this role, you will partner with the Sales team in supporting overall deal management, structuring, pricing, financial modeling and analysis. Success in the role requires the ability to work across organizations, with a customer centric sense of urgency. The role may also support account teams during customer facing meetings.
• Provide business, pricing, and analytical support to Sales for large, complex, and/or non-standard transactions.
• Translate the value proposition of Medidata’s offering into deal structures that assist the sales representatives in negotiating the most favorable terms and conditions for Medidata.
• Manage complex deal structures, working closely with Sales representatives to articulate customer requirements, the business case, and deal value to several stakeholders across Medidata.
• Serve as the trusted advisor to the field on pricing, margins, deal structure, and business terms.
• Provide a “hands-on” approach to complex situations or escalations and work cross-functionally (e.g. Legal, Finance, Product, etc.) to provide a resolution while maximizing revenue/bookings.
• Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, Support, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process.
• Manage approval process for non-standard, most complex and high visibility sales transactions to meet customer’s critical business requirements while expediting sales velocity, and adhering to Medidata’s operational policies and accounting & legal practices.
• Ensure that complex transactions are operationalized and communicated to all relevant parties to provide visibility and awareness to support efficient implementation end to end.
• Partner with pricing team to provide analysis around trends in customer requests and pricing;
• Continuously develop new standards on deal management for internal review and implementation.
• Strong Quantitative and Analytics skills.
• Strong familiarity with SaaS pricing models and typical SaaS legal terms and conditions
• Well versed in sales methodologies and their application to the team selling environment
• Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams, customers, and executive management.
• Ability to analyze and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing and licensing situations.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior experience with modeling and analysis is essential in performing the role successfully.
• Team player: experience working across functions to deliver customer/prospect/client facing pricing proposals.
• Proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results oriented.
• Able to synthesize many threads of information to generate strategic and financial insight.
• Minimum 5-8 years experience with complex software solutions and SaaS
• Minimum 3 years experience with growth technology environments is preferred either directly at such a company, or indirectly through a - consulting relationship
• Experience in Revenue Recognition/Legal/ Sales Planning/Operations or Business Contracting
• BS/BA Required
• Advanced degree or MBA preferred
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top