Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Creative Director is responsible for designing Medidata’s visual identity & language, and ensuring its consistency across print, digital and product interfaces. In partnership with a team of art & graphic designers, the candidate will collaborate closely with Marketing, Corporate and Product Development to design creative concepts that reflect the brand visual identity and advance our multi-channel campaigns. Examples include corporate marketing materials, advertising campaigns, videos, product user interfaces, events and office branding. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to understand and deliver creative solutions across product launches and marketing programs, including print, digital, web, product interfaces, videos, sales collateral, and visual concepts
- Lead a team of art designers and manage a dedicated creative budget
- Establish art direction for modern digital interfaces working collaboratively with third parties
- Govern Medidata’s brand standards & style guidelines, as brand steward, to ensure quality and uniformity across all channels
- Responsible for recruiting and managing creative output from designers, agencies, freelancers, and all third parties
- Develop a deep knowledge of the marketplace and industry; maintain awareness of current trends in branding, advertising, design
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve and strengthen Medidata’s competitive positioning and mindshare
- Partner with Product Development to assess existing UX/UI interfaces and digital properties for optimal usability, visual design and user experience
- Co-develop frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience for user personas
- Foster a favorable climate for innovative graphics design and break-through creative
- Highly creative and approaches thinking from different angles
- Possess a deep understanding in graphic design and the interplay between user interfaces & experience, copywriting & content strategy
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong leadership, management, problem-solving and change management skills
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing content to drive customer engagement
- Proficient in: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in creative or design discipline
- Ideally 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years leading the creative direction for a brand
- 3+ years supervisory experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top