Client Service Principal
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Project Management/Client Services Function is responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities.
The Project Management/Client Services Function is responsible to ensure that Medidata is able to deliver quality projects and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources.
• Management of APM, PM, SR PM, ED's, Sr ED, Directors who are responsible for one or more larger more complex projects with a focus on delivery of the scope on time, within budget and with a high quality outcome
• Provide general oversight and management for (sub) Business segment clients
• Provide financial management activities for one or more client budgets (up to 15 M$) as well as preparation and execution of Statements of Works and Change Orders
• Oversight in the budgeting and engagement authorization process
• Generate Professional Services proposals and supports prospecting activities
• Maintain appropriate project/client documentation within e-binders for one or more projects/clients
• Maintain high client satisfaction by providing proactive communication and issue management
• Support the activities that will result in the expanded use of the Medidata Applications and Services
• Develop client relationship as “trusted advisor” role through effective proactive project management
• Maintain reference able clients.
• Provide guidance and consulting to clients around the best use of the Medidata Applications
• Is Deep Subject Matter Expert/Lead consultant in at least 4 Medidata Applications through the delivery of workshops and other consultancy activities
• Manage 3-7 resources reporting to the Client Services Principal, which includes activities such are hiring, performance management, coaching, mentoring, disciplinary actions, etc
• Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies and Medidata SOPs and mentors other project resources
• A deep understanding of clinical research (pharma, device and/or biotech sectors) and of Clinical Research SaaS technology
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills
• Proficient with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellence with MS Project, project development and management
• Self motivated, able to work remotely and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
• Very strong interpersonal skills
• Is proficient in the use of all relevant Medidata internal systems
• Travel expectations up to 50%, national / international
• Valid driver’s license required
Your Education & Experience:
• Master degree required (analytic discipline a plus)
• 10+ years relevant experience in clinical/biomedical and/or software development environment
• 5+ Years line management experience
• Prior professional services project financial experience required
• Prior services delivery experience required
• Electronic Clinical Data Management (eCDM) software consulting experience desirable
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top