Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Capacity Analyst function is responsible for data analytics, statistics, predictive analytics, data modeling, optimization and development of Medidata’s software applications and systems. The analyst is one who works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, performance and capacity problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
- Performing statistical analysis (e.g., extrapolation and correlation) across different strata
- Develop framework and utility tools to support performance activities
- Work with Agile team members across the organization to write clear, concise and comprehensive persona definitions
- Support performance engineering activities through modeling techniques
- Utilizes appropriate methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
- Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
- Effectively executes processes associated with the software development life cycle
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of relevant concepts, applications, and programming languages
- Write SQL queries and procedures
- Ability to read, understand and analyze logs from multiple systems and tech stack
- Diagnose issues while dealing with initial uncertainty and incomplete information
- Identify root causes
- Provide technical impact assessment
- Understanding of analytical modeling, queuing theory and workloads.
- Understand multi-tier environments and end to end transaction processing.
- Ability to analyze and correlate data for potential capacity and performance bottlenecks.
- Exposure to database monitoring MSSQL, Oracle etc.
- Knowledge of modeling tools such as Turbonomics, TeamQuest, BMC Predict, Opnet Network Planner etc.
- Knowledge of metrics monitoring platforms such as HP Openview, Hyperic, BMC Perform, CA Health, SolarWinds etc.
- Knowledge of analytical and BI tools such Tableau, Excel, SAS etc.
- Understanding of platform performance tuning VMWare,LINUX,UNIX, WIN, AIX
- Understanding of storage technologies SAN, NAS etc.
- Understanding of network topology monitoring, packet analyzers etc.
- Knowledge of atleast two tools/products: Sumo Logic, New Relic, App Dynamics, AWS cloud watch, Solar Winds, Power Shell, Silk Performer, Load Runner etc.
- Versed in one programming languages/tech stacks like C#, .Net & MSSQL or Java & Oracle etc.
Your Education & Experience:
- Ideally majored in computer science, information systems or life sciences but alternatively relevant work experience will also be considered
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ of experience required
- Experience with data analytics, modeling, statistics and programming
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Oliver P.Inside Account Executive
Oliver reaches out to current and prospective clients in order to determine needs and offer information about Medidata products and services.
Back to top