Business Development Specialist
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
Business Development Specialists play a strategic role in identifying and developing new potential customers or unexplored markets. The responsibilities of a Market Development Specialist include:
- Support the growth of Medidata in EMEA and market the company’s products and services via telephone with well-qualified prospects & customers.
- Acquire and nurture new customers and position additional products or services to existing ones.
- Collaborate with the Field Sales and Marketing team on sales and marketing strategy.
- Support Sales across the German & broader European market to identify and mature opportunities (Pipeline generation)
- Research companies & contacts on the Internet (especially social media), industry publications, and third-party tools to identify new targets and selling opportunities
- Deploy an effective contact strategy to connect and build relationships with new and existing contacts
- Place outbound calls to market to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Educate & nurture prospects & customers on Medidata Platform
- Demonstrate or coordinate product demonstrations
- Follow up on Marketing-generated leads
- Participate in company sponsored events and marketing campaigns designed to stimulate more brand and product awareness
- Coordinate warm lead hand off from outside lead generation group to Area Sales Representatives / Account Managers
- Attain lead / sales opportunity generation and sales targets
- Maintain thorough records of correspondence in SFDC
- Bilingual English & German
- Cold calling experience
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Software or complex sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal prospecting and sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Knowledge of Clinical Development arena an advantage, but not essential
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
- Application software sales experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven previous technical telesales experience preferred
More on Medidata
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top