Billing and Revenue Analyst
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Billing Analyst plays a critical role in positioning Medidata as a leader of best-in-class accounting practices and processes. The Billing Analyst assists in managing a significant revenue portfolio as well as provides analytical feedback around billing and revenue activity. This position requires a person with impeccable attention to detail who is comfortable managing a variety of functions while providing a high level of value to our partners across the business.
- Support the billing and revenue recognition function through contract validation and review for the Company’s most complex contracts
- Support overall contract entry function through issue tracking / management and internal / external customer inquiry review
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reconciliation procedures for a significant portion of the Company’s revenue contracts
- Provide support to other members of order validation team as needed
- Assist with reporting as well as ad hoc customer inquiries
- Partner with Sales Operations to optimize current and future-state process flow
- Possess the flexibility necessary to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced technical environment
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Associates degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1-3 related work experience; exposure to revenue recognition is preferred
- Experience at a global SaaS company preferred or enterprise software company with many multiple element arrangements preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and ability to multi-task on a variety of complex projects
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top