BI Architect / Business Intelligence Architect
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata is searching for people who want to make sure that the world’s largest clinical trial platform protects the patient’s health and well-being and that we bring safe, life-enhancing drugs to people safely, accurately, quickly, easily and in a regulatory compliant manner. A BI Architect at Medidata is responsible for supporting and maintaining the BO platform in an agile and fast moving environment. The Architect should be passionate about providing great service that includes quality, agility, take great joy in breaking things in creative ways, and be willing to get their hands dirty. Among their key responsibilities are the following:
● Analyze our current customized BO integrated solution and proposes improvements
● Upgrades current BOXI SDK code to BO 4.0
● Ability to analyze current custom solution and propose simplified solutions
● Actively researches for enhancements to the current solutions
● Develop and Deploy the custom Business Objects 4.0 platform
● Actively reviews and proposes new solutions to reporting environment
● Creates formal and detailed documentation of the solutions proposed and supported
● Ability to effectively migrate a BOXI environment to BO4.
● Supports the BO infrastructure
· Minimum of a four-year college degree in computer science, IS or life sciences or relevant industry experience
· 5+ years Business Objects experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in BO SDK development (Java and/or .Net)
· Experience with IIS or Tomcat
· Experience in Agile project management
· Experience in SQL
· Experience in migrating a BO environment
Your Preferred Competencies:
● At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
● Experience in BO custom integrated solutions.
● Experience in an external self serve BO portal
● Experience in BO Administration and architecture
● Experience in load balancing in BO environments
● Experience working with data from clinical data management systems, preferably Medidata Rave
● Experience developing reports with tools such as BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, TIBCO Spotfire
● Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
● Knowledge of Scripting languages (PowerShell, bash, java Script)
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top