Benefits Operations Practitioner
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of technology and the life sciences. We are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. We are at the forefront of the current transformation in the life sciences industry providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata is looking for an experienced, capable and passionate Benefits Operations Practitioner to report into the Senior Director, Global Total Rewards. The role has responsibility for all day-to-day operational activities for our Health and Welfare benefits, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan and other benefits. Candidate should have a demonstrated track record of successfully administering daily activities as well as special projects, and managing day-to-day vendor relationships. This is an outstanding career opportunity to gain, refine and develop comprehensive global employee benefits experience in a fast-paced, growth company. Plenty of exposure with close working relationships among our internal HR team including Tech, HR Operations, Compensation, Global Payroll as well as our dynamic managers and employees.
• Ensure favorable service delivery and seamless administration of benefit services to employees through active management of outsourced administration vendor.
• Troubleshoot administration/eligibility issues where necessary. Collaborate with vendors and internal staff to bridge automation gaps with an eye toward process improvement/integrations to support company growth.
• Communicate the company's benefits programs including plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. Primary responsibility for U.S. benefits operations and support of programs with colleagues in EMEA and APAC.
• Facilitate in-person and virtual new hire benefits orientation meetings.
• Provide outstanding customer service to our employees, managers and HR colleagues with benefit-related inquiries.
• Coordinate all benefit-related deductions with payroll and ensure timely remittance of employee contributions to vendors/record keepers.
• Coordinate LOA activities with outsourced FMLA and short-term disability administrator and ensure appropriate communication with impacted employees, managers and HR colleagues.
• Participate in market data surveys in order to determine company’s competitive position in employee benefits.
• Assist in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs.
• Track global benefits expenditures to facilitate budgeting process and ensure timely payment of vendors.
• Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws impacting employee benefits.
• Meticulous dedication to detail and accuracy
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency with Excel
• Excellent organizational skills; able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and spelling
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a true customer service orientation towards internal clients
• Collaborative, team spirit
• Absolute integrity, discretion and sensitivity to confidential company and employee information
Your Education & Experience:
• Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience as a Benefits Assistant, Coordinator or Administrator in an HR or Payroll department
• Familiarity with employee benefit and LOA laws and compliance requirements
• Demonstrated ability to improve process, drive automation and facilitate integrations with internal teams and vendors to help scale for growth.
• Experience with at least one HRIS system, Workday experience strongly preferred
• Experience with Payroll systems (ADP preferred) including pre- and post-tax deductions, goal amounts and a fundamental understanding of income tax implications attributable to employee benefits.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top