Associate Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Management Function initiates and facilitates support related discussions with assigned customers and develops strong relationships with key customer contacts. The focus of work is in delivering services which include troubleshooting, problem resolution, strategic planning, and proactive account management from a support perspective. This support and advisory role contribute to improving a client’s overall customer experience with Medidata.
- Respond to customer inquiries to determine appropriate resolution path or service improvement strategies
- Work with experienced members of the team to analyze performance metrics and customer processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Maintain product, platform, and industry knowledge necessary to offer broad support to customers increasing the ability to recognize new business opportunities
- Facilitate strategic account discussions with senior members of the team
- Develop and foster relationships with named client personnel for assigned accounts
- Work with other Medidata departments to meet service goals and achieve service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with technical support team to ensure full understanding of client requirements and needs per market segment.
- Work with customers and/or partners to receive accurate information used to analyze and diagnose product and service issues
- Perform regular analysis of support issues to help determine and improve a customer’s satisfaction status
- Monitor customer satisfaction and net promoter score to ensure company goals are met and create action plan if score is trending downwards
- Perform monthly trending to identify process improvements within Medidata or the customer/partner.
- Provide reports to management and customers as necessary and to fulfill any contractual obligations
- Identify, document, research and resolve service and product issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinate support resources for escalated issues, working in partnership with Tier 1 Helpdesk, Technical Support, Professional Services, and/or Product Development/Delivery teams
- Maintain client specific data in appropriate Tracking Systems or reporting systems.
- Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
- 2+ years Experience in working in Customer Service customer facing environment supporting software or SaaS applications/technology/service offerings
- Minimum 2 years business experience
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Experience in people management
- Proven communication skills (oral/written) and presentation skills
- Technology and PC skills including full MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint), Google Suite, help desk/issue resolution systems, CRM
- Travel availability 10-20%, international travel may be required; overnight and/or weekend travel may be required
- May be required to provide support after hours based on client need
- Valid US drivers license
- Office based position
- Four-year college degree (Bachelors of Science, Business, Management, Computer Science or similar field) or equivalent experience
- Inside Sales, and/or Training (preferred information technology, pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials, regulatory, or medical field experience.)
- Background in account management and client relationship development
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top