Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Application Engineer Function is responsible for hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications. The Engineer is one who works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
• Involve in full software development life cycle:
o TDD, BDD, design, documentation, deployment
• Be active part of agile team:
o Pairing, code review, scrum, sprint planning, reveal & retrospectives
• Apply good technical practices:
o Continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review
• Provide diagnostic support and bug fixing for software applications
• Perform and promote local refactoring when making changes
• Contribute to addressing technical debt
• Provide technical impact assessment
• Communicate personal and team activities to those outside the team, e.g. blog posts, presentations, stakeholder demos
• Participate in technical and process improvements
• Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
• Utilizes appropriate methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
• Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
• Effectively executes processes associated with the software development life cycle
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of relevant concepts, applications, and programming languages
• Proactively contribute to improve teams agile practices
• Drive platform design principles locally
• Drive TDD, BDD, and design patterns
• Ensure all designs meet performance requirements
• Deliver new areas of functionality
• Diagnose issues while dealing with initial uncertainty and incomplete information
• Identify root causes
• Provide technical impact assessment
Your Education & Experience:
• University degree preferred; major in computer science, information systems or life sciences is an advantage
• Experience with the following programming technologies, Java, SQL, XML
• Experience developing and/or maintaining a production application
• Experience with Micro Services, Rest API’s and Scala an advantage
• Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum is an advantage
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top