Web Software Developer
- Philadelphia, PA
Medical Guardian has been named "Top Workplaces" by the Philadelphia Media Network in 2018, "Best Places to Work" by the Philadelphia Business Journal in 2015 and ranked number 24 in The Philly 100 fastest growing companies. In 2017, the company made its fifth appearance in a row in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America list.
Check us out on:
The Muse https://www.themuse.com/profiles/medicalguardian
Medical Guardian is seeking a talented Web Software Developer to join our IT team at our state of the art Headquarters in Center City, Philadelphia.
- Participate in setting organizational Web development strategy. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
- Manage infrastructure supporting highly visible, high traffic web properties in a dynamic, high-energy, ever-changing environment. Manage Web development projects, including intranets and extranets. Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications
- Work with Product Management/Product Support as well as Platform and Development to push the envelope with regards to web based technologies
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Effectively bridge the gap between highly technical engineering people/initiatives and the non-technical people/business end initiatives
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- 5 years experience in the web technologies including PHP, Java/JSP or .Net areas as an individual contributor. 1-3 years experience in managing projects with small teams both in-house and external.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns. Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming. Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge in both restful and SOAP APIs. Familiarity with APIs, web services, and 3rd party platforms and libraries, such as Salesforce, Five9, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Back to top