- Philadelphia, PA
Medical Guardian has been named "Top Workplaces" by the Philadelphia Media Network in 2018, "Best Places to Work" by the Philadelphia Business Journal in 2015 and ranked number 24 in The Philly 100 fastest growing companies. In 2017, the company made its fifth appearance in a row in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America list.
Medical Guardian is a rapidly-expanding Medical Alarm Company allowing Seniors across America to enjoy a renewed sense of independence and providing loved ones with piece of mind.
To support our growth, Medical Guardian is seeking a Collection Specialist who will be responsible for reviewing past due accounts, placing accounts on and off hold as needed and contacting customers for payment of past due accounts.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy individual who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and possesses the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Manage collection efforts with a high level of persuasiveness & professionalism.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received.
- Place account on hold for incoming orders until payment is received.
- Handle customer questions and problems.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 to 5 years of collection experience.
- Professional training courses or College Degree (preferred).
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations that regulate the collection industry.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Persuasiveness and talent of negotiating in the most professional manner.
- Knack to keep a cool head and develop relationships in possibly difficult circumstances.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact with management with recommendations and concerns.
Back to top