Senior Software Developer
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a lean and agile team of experienced software developers? Do you want to work with new technologies and platforms, and have both the ability and strong desire to take on an individual assignment and complete it soup to nuts? MediaRadar may be the place for you!
MediaRadar is an information service used by magazine publishers to help them run their business more profitably. It’s like Bloomberg for the publishing industry. With several hundred customers, MediaRadar is already used by many of the largest national titles in both digital and print. This includes household names such as ESPN, TIME Inc, Mashable, Vogue, Elle, The Economist, Glamour and Esquire. MediaRadar is growing in 2016!
Please read through the full description below for responsibilities and requirements.
You’ll be responsible for the following software feature activities:
- Shared responsibility in the Design and Architecture of a feature
- Ensure that the proper “plumbing” is in place for the given feature
- Analyze complexity
- Implementation (i.e. coding) of the feature in a mostly vertical fashion (i.e UI, Business Layer, Database Access and Schema Design, External Interfaces, Unit Tests, Integration Tests)
- Ensure quality of implementation and support the feature during testing/bug fixing/user testing phase
- Ensure overall quality of the software (quality of code, performance, security, extensibility, etc.)
Qualities / Attributes of an excellent Senior Software Developer:
- Smart and gets the job done
- Motivated, works extra without being asked
- Technically strong, has deep understanding of current and future technology
- Has a strong technical “gut feel”, hunches about where problems lie (hunches are more right than wrong)
- Must be a great team member
- Passionate about the team, project and work
- Hardworking and fully dedicated to the success of the project
- Is a constant learner, continuous contributor to team IQ level
- Pushing innovation and emerging technologies forward
- Able to interface and communicate effectively with people in other parts of the company
The Senior Developer will ideally have 4-6 years of web application / platform development, have experience starting, completing and supporting SaaS solutions and be able to:
- Identify any gaps in application platform, propose and implement solutions
- Become a key contributor to feature scoping and development estimates. Your projections have a high (90%+) degree of accuracy. You rarely, if ever, miss the due date
- Be responsible for implementation (i.e engineering and coding) features in a mostly vertical fashion (i.e UI, Business Layer, Database Access and Schema Design, External Interfaces). Senior developer is able to code across all levels with ease. Their code is well structured and displays best practices in software development
- Ensure quality of implementation and support the feature during testing/bug fixing phase. Senior developers are proactive about developer testing. They frequently utilize unit tests to ensure long term health of their code. Senior developers have drastically less bugs in their code. They are quick to fix issues that come up.
- Use engineering know-how and common sense to assess impact of their work on the platform
- As much as you love the elegance and power of good architecture, your number one focus is delivering software to do the job and you pride yourself on doing that well
- Tackle hard engineering problems with many unknowns, fail fast, find how to get the job done
- Ability to code in C# (4.0+)
- Knowledge of ASP.NET MVC 4/5
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and tools: Microsoft .NET plus VS .NET 2012/2013
- Knowledge of database ORM tools: NHibernate is a huge plus!
- Understanding of Web and Client application development
- Strong knowledge of database programming: SQL Server 2008
- Big Data / Datawarehouse experience is desired, but not required
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, including vision and dental, 401K with match and transit discounts and a comfortable, informal office with a friendly atmosphere. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We are located just a few blocks from Penn Station and Herald Square.
Meet Some of MediaRadar's Employees
Jacqueline is responsible for selling MediaRadar's unique software platform to the outside world. She creates custom demos and trial accounts for potential clients, securing new strategic partners and sales revenue.
Back to top