You are an Accounting Professional with experience in the software (SaaS), technology, financial services or professional services sectors. You’re a true problem solver and thrive in a rapidly growing, fast paced environment. You know what it means to roll up your sleeves and make things happen and you pride yourself on your excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Most importantly, you are a skilled manager and leader of accounting professionals!
The Accounting Manager plays a critical role in the production and accuracy of the monthly financial reports. This is a hands-on position for a focused, energetic, and dynamic professional that likes leading people in a small team environment. The successful candidate will develop relationships with customers, vendors and all levels of staff. This position will report directly to the VP of Finance. This opportunity has great exposure and room for advancement.
We are an industry-changing Software (SaaS) service used by publishers to help them run their business more profitably. It’s like Bloomberg for the publishing industry. With over 1,500 customers, MediaRadar is already used by many of the largest national titles in both digital and print. This includes household names such as ESPN, TIME Inc., Vogue, Elle, The Economist, Glamour and Esquire.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Accounting Department. You will be the go-to person in Accounting!
- Maintain full ownership of the General Ledger to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness
- Responsible for the preparation of auditable monthly work papers for prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, fixed assets, deferred revenue reconciliations, etc.
- Perform month end analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts
- Supervise and assist with accounts receivable, invoicing and collections
- Supervise and assist with accounts payable and vendor management
- Review and audit contract entries in Salesforce
- Assist with expense report and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with payroll, sales tax and corporate tax compliance
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and modifications to the forecast models
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting
- 7+ years accounting experience – preferably a blend of public and private accounting
- 1-3 years in a Management role with at least 1 direct report
- Small company experience – preferably from a technology/professional service industry background
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
- Expert level Excel skills including the use of Pivot tables and V-Lookup functionality
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce and QuickBooks
Check out what it’s like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, including vision and dental, 401K with match and transit discounts and a comfortable, informal office with a friendly atmosphere. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We are located just a few blocks from Penn Station and Herald Square.
Back to top