Position at MediaCom
Objectives of the Role:
The Media Supervisor will be a vital member of the account Corporate planning team responsible for managing all day-to-day media planning/client service activities. We see this position as a central role in the effective leadership of the account. S/he provides media planning recommendations across all channels, works closely with all channel implementation teams and offers resourceful problem solving, while developing and maintaining strong client relationships. S/he will play an important role in managing and mentoring other team members.
- Oversee plan development and other media/implementation team activities
- Assist in setting the overall direction for program planning and negotiating strategies
- Develop, execute, and present media plans from inception to completion
- Manage team personnel to deliver client requests (i.e., plan changes, budget changes, market place information)
- Serve as key contact for delivering plans to the client
- Analyse research to develop media objectives, strategies and tactics
- Guide the budget and client billing process to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for utilizing a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media math and media plan execution (e.g., reach, frequency, universe, rating, CPM)
- Responsible for utilizing knowledge of media relevant to the client's business including Broadcast (TV & Radio) print, digital, search, social and OOH
- Interface with clients and implementation teams on a daily basis to manage and coordinate all media activities
- Assist in the development of weekly media performance report to inform senior leadership and help maximize campaign performance
- Maintain status reports to ensure efficient workflow in order to meet deadlines and write reports of key meetings
- Build a comprehensive media knowledge base and synthesize information into ideas
- Initiate creative and business-building ideas
- Magnify the buying power of every dollar spent
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships inter-departmentally as well as those outside the team
- Lead by example while motivating and coaching a team comprised of Planners and Assistants
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
Skills and Behaviors:
- Comprehensive media knowledge base and ability to synthesize information into ideas
- Ownership of presenting plans both internally and externally
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Use of appropriate 3 rd party tools to research and develop plan recommendations
- Strong relationship-building skills which include maintaining positive client relationships
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills, including math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of digital Media channels: Search, Social, Display, Reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
Qualifications and other relevant information:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, exclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Back to top