- Los Angeles, CA
Position at MediaCom
The Media Supervisor is responsible for managing all day-to-day media planning/client service activities associated with an assigned account. You will provide media planning recommendations across all channels and offers resourceful problem solving, both internally and externally, while developing and maintaining strong client relationships. You will oversee preparation of media plans and other deliverables, and supervise media plan implementation.
- Oversee plan negotiations and media team activities
- Assist in setting the overall direction for program planning and negotiating strategies
- Initiate creative and business-building ideas
- Maintain status reports to ensure efficient workflow in order to meet deadlines and write reports of key meetings
- Develop, execute, and present media plans from inception to completion
- Manage client requests (i.e., plan changes, budget changes, market place information)
- Serve as key contact for delivering plans to the client
- Analyze research to develop media objectives, strategies and tactics
- Lead the budget and client billing process to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for utilizing knowledge of integrated media relevant to the client's business
- Should have a strong knowledgebase of digital to be able to work closely with digital partner agency
- Interface with clients, internal departments, and agency partners
- Continually seek a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Build a comprehensive media knowledge base and synthesize information into ideas
- Coordinate with internal partners(strategy, creative systems, analytics, etc) to create a holistic view of the business
- Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the team
- Lead by example while motivating and coaching a remote team comprised of Planners and Assistants
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate team members
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work with remote teams and manage a bicoastal team
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive media knowledge base and ability to synthesize information into ideas
- Ownership of presenting plans both internally and externally
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong negotiating skills and excellent attention to detail
- Use of appropriate 3 rd party tools to research and develop plan recommendations
- Strong relationship-building skills which include maintaining positive client relationships
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills, including math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Complete knowledge of all digital Media, Search, SEO, SEM, Mobile, etc.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with nimbleness and speed
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Back to top