Manager, Digital Investment
Position at MediaCom
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Manager, Digital Investment manages the digital spend and negotiations across MediaCom's clients. You will be responsible for negotiating, managing and executing digital media buys associated with one or more assigned accounts. You will provide strategic market insights, trends and pricing benchmarks, oversight and management of spending across major vendors while monitoring client budgets and adherence to KPIs.
You will also work very closely with the Xaxis and / or PBU team to manage all tactics, deliver performance insights and build optimization recommendations from those insights across programmatic video campaigns, programmatic display tactics and Dynamic Creative campaigns.
- Centrally manage all digital investment aspects of a campaign - negotiations, rate tracking, planning costs, benchmarking, allocations/tactical plans, budget management, delivery, billing, etc. of assigned account(s)
- Oversee vendor RFP process - partner selection, RFP submissions, etc.
- Negotiate digital programs and rates for clients
- Demonstrate better pricing, efficiencies, and impact by consolidating buys across sites, MediaCom and GroupM
- Coordinate and consolidate media spending acros s clients for sites/publishers by placement (display, video, social, search and programmatic)
- Own portfolio/client roll ups
- Approve all sites on tactical buys
- Meet with vendors on an ongoing basis and provide updates and/or recommendations
- Keep current on digital innovations, ad models, and technologies and bring first looks to client(s)
- Investigate, interpret, understand, and provide marketplace condition updates
- Establish investment best practices (intelligence/arbitrage), spend trends (video, display, mobile, etc.), benchmarking, and set market
- Enforce key investment tenets around KPIs
- Assist client teams in managing Xaxis and /or PBU relationship
- Work with the Social and Programmatic team on implementation of bid management strategy
- Forecast and provide Ad serving, Ad Verification, Viewability and Rich Media estimates
- Be proactive in following up on client team requests with a key awareness of client deadlines
- Maintain strong media and technology vendor relationships and act as a resource for industry data and trends
- Ensure compliance and maintenance of all Prisma/Media Ocean, databases, etc. activities
- Handle issue resolution, recommend process improvements, and oversee client budget
- Create POVs
- Actively participate in department projects/committees
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media, technology, analytics and GroupM teams as well as media and technology publishers
- Foster camaraderie within the Investment team and with all key stakeholders they support
- Educate media teams on the media planning/investment process
- Provide guidance to team members and nurture/promote team environment
- Train employees on tools and best practices
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Be capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of the media landscape and fast-moving digital trends
- Strong quantitative and analytical/results-oriented skills
- Solid negotiation skills and tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management and follow-through skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with intermediate PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong understanding of interactive research tools such as Nielsen Net-Ratings, AdRelevance , @Plan and ComScore Media Metrix
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years of prior digital planning experience desired
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Meet Some of MediaCom's Employees
Zach S.Partner Strategy Director
Zach writes business pitches, researches new clients, and meets with different teams across MediaCom to help bring their plans to life.
Back to top