Manager, Business Science
- New York, NY
Position at MediaCom
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
You will act as the primary day-to-day strategic and execution contact for client deliverables including but not limited to measurement planning, weekly reporting, media and creative testing/analysis, as well as competitive research and analysis.
- Work with senior level Insights and Analytics staff to develop project timelines and deliverable schedules
- Deliver projects independently, but proactively communicates project progress, issues and deliverables to manager and director
- Ensure all client materials meet or exceed expectations (from content to quality) and are delivered on time
- Conduct client calls and bring in extended team members when necessary
- Establish a strong relationship with day to day clients through a demonstration of industry knowledge and a deep understanding of client's business objectives
- Develop creative and media strategies in collaboration with other departments
- Develop measurement plans and reports that are relevant to the client's business and their creative/media testing
- Research industry trends and facts sharing expertise to team
- Understand budget allocation process for media and fees across media platforms
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Advanced Excel skills and understanding of Microsoft Access and databases
- Experience with Omniture SiteCatalyst and other web analytics tools
- SEO and SEM experience required
- SAS and SQL experience a plus
- Knowledge of media industry research tools including MRI, Media Metrix, Nielsen Net Ratings, Ad Relevance, @Plan, Web Trends, Jupiter, and Forrester
- Strong understanding of metrics ex. Media (e.g. buying models, CPV, VCR, GRP) and Quantitative business measures
- Must take initiative and create opportunities
- Must be able to lead day to day activity on large analytical projects
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- B.S. degree or higher in quantitative field
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Back to top