Integrated Planning Director
- New York, NY
Position at MediaCom
About the Role
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that is at the forefront of using data, creativity and media to solve business and communications problems? Are you motivated by doing work that is efficient, effective and makes our clients famous? Are you good at simplifying complexity, aligning agendas and driving action? Do you pride yourself on being an innovative thinker? Are you a team player who has great ambitions for the work and collective success for your team?
If this describes you, we would love to meet you. Our award-winning team is looking for an Integrated Planning Director to lead a team on one of MediaCom's dynamic clients.
This role will be responsible for managing senior client relationships, delivering integrated communications plans and working closely with agency team partners .
Objectives of the Role
The Integrated Director will be a core part of the client leadership team and act as a key day to day liaison between the clients and MediaCom. As an experienced planner across all traditional and digital channels they will deliver fully integrated channel plans, leading a team for all media planning and buying of assigned account(s). They will also be the key driver to ensure a holistic approach to all marketing efforts - working closely with media partners, the inter-agency creative teams, and internal investment teams for execution and measurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting clear goals: Understanding of the communications objective and ability to translate those into clear campaign objectives/KPIs to be planned against
- Driving audience insight: Developing audience profiles and the ability to compare audiences as well as uncover unique insights that inform channel planning and managing audiences against multiple platforms
- Driving great work: Producing innovative plans that are aligned to client objectives and MediaCom's strategies. Leading Enterprise planning, ensuring both rigor and creativity
- Idea generator: Leading the MediaCom team to develop media-first ideas - from content and data, to first-of-their kind media integrations
- Experience defining partnerships approach at a brand level: Leading development of strategy, KPIs, tactics and measurement framework
- Seamless execution: Managing direct reports and partners in the execution of channel plans. Leading channel budget allocations for multiple channels. Oversight on all media dollars in market and continuous review of investments across all channels. With a strong understanding of project managing to deliver against the client, creative and MediaCom strategies on schedule
- Making the most of data: Ensuring excellent data insight, management and quality strategies are implement for the client
- Delivering results: Monitoring performance of media plans versus client/MediaCom objectives
- Constantly promote a culture of positivity, creativity and innovation
- Leading by example while developing, motivating and coaching the team
- Assuming leadership role among key contacts from the client and inter-agency teams for partnership-led executions
- Sharing knowledge across the team and ensure ongoing personal development
- Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Driving collaboration and communication across the team
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the immediate team
- Participating in the recruitment process for the team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Complete knowledge of all aspects of media
- Driving the development and awareness of winning work across the industry
- Detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- An up-to-date knowledge of all key consumer insight tools (syndicated research), competitive monitoring and planning tools such as C omscore and reach optimizers
- Oversee budget allocation process for media and fees across all media platforms; accurately project costs and anticipate the financial results of plan revisions
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Fluent in mathematical concepts with an ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Able to understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Must have a proven record of success managing full-service accounts
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Masters/MBA/further learning a plus (demonstrated industry learning ideal e.g. certifications/qualifications)
- 9+ years previous experience desired
- Prior experience managing a team
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create tog ether .
Back to top