- Ann Arbor, MI
Position at MediaCom
This is a one-year freelance / contractor role with the potential to turn permanent.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ETL Engineer will be responsible for analyzing the business requirements, design, develop and implement highly efficient, highly scalable ETL processes. As part of the Global Data Solutions team, collaboration with individuals and teams located abroad will be required.
- Work within a team to design, build, test and document database related products.
- Create support applications as part of the projects including scripts and API connectors.
- Follow best design practices set by the team.
- Support and enhance existing products.
- Participate in design discussions with the team
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Collaborate with Project Manager, other ETL team members, project stakeholders, and others to ensure successful delivery
- Develop strong positive relationships with all GDS team members, other Mediacom teams, as well as third-party vendors/support technicians
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Capable of working successfully independently as well as within a team
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge and abilities using MS SQL Server and/or Azure SQL DB
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to turn a loosely defined project description into a well-defined plan
- Strong communication/social skills - ability to interact with broad spectrum of clients
- Ability and desire to work within a cross-functional team environment with people from multiple business units, vendors, countries and cultures
- Able to work with little direction or supervision but understands when to ask for support and promotes an open flow of information so that all are well informed
- Good personal time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering preferred, or equivalent skills
- 5+ years prior experience or relevant internships
- Experience with MS Visual Studio, TSQL, and Reporting
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Factory and Blob Storage is a plus
- On-line marketing experience is a plus
- PowerShell experience is a plus
- Background in data warehouse architecture is a plus
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Back to top