Director, Digital Investment
- New York, NY
Position at MediaCom
The Director, Digital Investment is responsible for the day-to-day client relationship and leading the client team's functional expertise in digital practices.
• Oversees all digital investment team members while providing strategic guidance and best practices for Account Planning teams and clients
• Has full understanding of strategic digital planning and buying practices that will yield digital innovation and effectiveness, working closely with planning teams and partner agencies
• Leading best-in-class digital approaches and innovation for clients, including the coordination and collaboration of client dedicated digital specialist teams such as Programmatic, Search and Social, Ad Operations, Buy Engagement, Analytics teams to deliver on overall client digital needs
• Oversight of digital infrastructure needs, including standardization of processes, reporting, optimization, and project efficiency tracking
• Responsibility in ensuring client digital deal points and savings negotiation requirements are met, including buying terms and conditions, viewability, ad fraud, brand safety, cost savings, etc.
• Manages key strategic partnerships with leading digital publishers
• Own the day-to-day client relationships on digital work streams across all client brands and divisions while attaining the personal/professional respect of assigned clients
• Responsible for collaborating with the Planning Directors in managing an integrated, 360 digital planning and buying approach
• Resolve escalated digital issues from client or Account Planning teams
• Ensure digital staff is properly trained and aware of the ever-changing dynamics of the digital marketplace, investment trends, organizational processes, digital buying technologies and solutions, research and measurement services, and best practices
• Support digital investment agency partnerships and participate in knowledge sharing sessions
• Write digital POVs and provide industry thought leadership across client brands
• Clearly represent MediaCom's scope of work/role and responsibilities in cross-agency discussions and platforms
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
• Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching their team
• Mentor junior digital staff as well as develop senior digital leadership network across GroupM
• Responsible for managing, monitoring and evaluating digital team direct reports and oversee employee career pathing, growth and retention
• Target top talent, help to recruit and select senior and mid-level staff ensuring all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
• Limit the amount of staff turnover and ensure that annual performance appraisals (MY360) and corresponding development plans are completed on a timely basis
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status and competition
• Complete knowledge of all aspects of Digital Media, Programmatic, Search, SEO, Social, Mobile, Ad Operations, Analytics, Data-Driven Marketing, Ad Technologies, etc.
• Solid understanding of interactive research tools such as ComScore, Nielsen, and etc.
• Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative, and budget requirements
• Fluent in mathematical concepts with an ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
• Able to understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
• Proven successful record of managing full service accounts and large CPG clients preferred
• Must possess strong written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
• Superior organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience preferred
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Back to top