Director, Digital Analytics
- Los Angeles, CA
Position at MediaCom
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Director of Insights and Analytics is responsible for overseeing all Digital/Direct research, analysis, and insight generation for a client or group of clients. This position advances the understanding of online and direct marketing dynamics through developing critical business insights across clients to increase the effectiveness and ROI across media investments.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Media Research, Analytics, and Campaign Analysis & Reporting.
- Act as the expert for media strategy and placement with a focus on media testing, media mix, target audience profiling, consumer insights, competitive understanding integrating online and offline media.
- Own the measurement strategy, new project development, and scope.
- Present an in-depth and fresh understanding of media analysis across clients; determine analytical and modeling gaps.
- Establish thought leadership and tool development to elevate Digital/Direct media planning capabilities.
- Spearhead new analytic processes and modeling to drive actionable insights.
- Own all measurement strategy, results and performance for accounts.
- Manage budgeting and resource allocation across clients.
- Own department P&L.
- Represent the Insights and Analytics practice in new business efforts.
- Administer Media Research/Analytic budget for purchasing syndicated audience research.
- Author POVs and research papers on topical media issues.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Lead, motivates and inspires a team - provides training, support, and mentorship to team members.
- Clearly define project deliverables, and timelines to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Nurture talent, develop next set of leaders within team and agency-wide.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as with stakeholders and clients.
- Proactively provides informal feedback on account progress and individual development.
- Ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement.
- Establishes an environment of trust and partnership within Analytics.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of advanced analytic techniques/methodologies and digital/direct multi-media.
- Ability to clearly distil complex research concepts/techniques into simple, relevant meaning.
- Working knowledge of ad serving platforms for targeting and ROI solutions: behavioral and contextual targeting, re-targeting, response optimization, keyword and natural search optimization, etc.
- Creative thinker with the ability to break down and connect disparate data sources into a straightforward, insightful story.
- Ability to quickly identify and understand client challenges; address with solutions.
- Present value proposition to perspective clients and/or manager and help sell projects.
- Extensive background in interpreting direct response and brand analytics (Dynamic Logic, Insights Express, Buzz Metrics, etc.)
- Applies knowledge about the current and future practices and trends, technology, and information to the business.
- Demonstrates awareness of the competition and opportunities for the business and our clients.
- Skillful in motivating, nurturing, and inspiring teams by providing informal feedback.
- Build trust, intellectual capital and partnership within MediaCom and GroupM.
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
- 10+ years related work experience.
- Experience using online research sources and survey techniques (Comscore, Nielsen, TNS, Jupiter, eMarketer, MRI, etc.)
- Demonstrated background in both a quantitative and business leadership areas
- Strong familiarity with statistical concepts and methods.
- Experience working with SAS experts and output.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Back to top