- New York, NY
Position at MediaCom
About the Team :
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
The Director, Digital Analytics Services role will help define and deliver new Digital Analytics capabilities within the Analytics team using the GroupM Digital Analytics Platform (DiAP), partnering with MediaCom Business Science team and collaborating with our global network to evolve the current practices and product. These capabilities will allow MediaCom to offer superior data management and advanced analytics (e.g. reporting, path analysis, attribution modeling, etc.) to their clients, at scale.
Y our Impact :
- Define the Digital Analytics service offering and related delivery processes
- Work with Platform and R&D teams to define requirements and provide input into engineering and product development roadmap
- Present our digital analytics value proposition to prospective clients and I or management and help sell projects
- Lead the delivery of digital analytics projects and present results to clients
- Attract, align and retain Digital Analytics specialists into MediaCom
- Work closely with digital analytics team to help define capability roadmap and ensure adoption of centrally-provisioned technology and delivery services
- Define integration points with existing data and analytics capabilities
Your People Skills :
- Ensure a high level of team partnership and client satisfaction across the portfolio of projects
Your Knowledge & Abilities :
- Hands-on experience with various use-cases for digital data and analytics such as dashboarding, path analysis, digital cross-channel attribution, optimal frequency, etc.
- Familiarity with online-offline attribution modeling approaches
- Prototyping capabilities in R, SAS, Matlab, Python, or other analytical tools
- Familiarity with POW, Vertica, Hive, Pig or other big data management tools
- Familiarity with Tableau, High Charts, D3 or other visualization tools
- Familiarity with various types of data available such as planning data, media spent data, DMP data, audience data, social data, search data, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to inspire others and develop managers, analysts and data architects
- Ability to work in a team, promote collaboration and interact with all levels of staff
- Experience working in a global agency network will be highly valued
- B.S. degree or higher in quantitative field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
About MediaCom :
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom !
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Back to top