Business Intelligence Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI
Position at MediaCom
This is a one-year freelance / contractor role with the potential to turn permanent.
ABOUT THE TEAM :
The Global Data Solutions team serves the agency to develop tools and platforms with the goal of improving data reporting. The Manager will serve as a key link between technology and client service, supporting primarily the PlayStation account. This role will have a critical part in ensuring consistent and quality outputs across multiple high-profile projects, with an emphasis on reporting initially.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an ETL Manager, your primary objective of this role is to assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions for our clients. As part of the Global Data Solutions team, collaboration with individuals and teams located abroad will be required.
- Establish a strong understanding of client data
- Understand how different data sources relate to one another
- Working with the defined specifications, build informative visualizations that intuitively display large amounts of data and/or complex relationships
- Combine visualizations into dashboards and implement in the Drive platform
- Follow established processes and procedures for development, including documentation of all changes
- Work with the ETL Engineers and Project Managers to create written specifications for any custom ETL development
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Grow own knowledge of visualization techniques and technologies through books, online research, involvement in community forums, etc.
- Collaborate with Project Manager, ETL team, project stakeholders, and others to ensure successful delivery
- Develop strong positive relationships with all GDS team members, other Mediacom teams, as well as third-party vendors/support technicians
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Capable of working successfully independently as well as within a team
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- How data is managed via ETL (extract, transform & load) processes. The role does not require in-depth knowledge, but a solid appreciation is important
- How marketing businesses should look at data; what's important and what's not
- How to visualize and present data in interesting and compelling ways
- In addition, the following key competencies are expected:
- Strong knowledge and abilities to build visualizations using PowerBI
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Tableau
- Seeks to understand more about client business
- Aware of the competitive landscape and begins to form opinions on how to turn intelligence into opportunities
- Enjoys a challenge and is open to change; consults others for advice and direction when facing challenges in order to solve problems independently
- Suggests and begins to apply ideas in the development of alternative solutions
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks
- Manages own time effectively keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Is efficient with time; delivers on set objectives
- Maintains clear and honest communication with team to ensure agreed outcomes
- Welcomes the involvement of others and readily shares own experience and expertise
- Seeks out new learning experiences
- Establishes constructive and collaborative relationships with team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering preferred, or equivalent skills
- 3-5 years prior experience or relevant internships
- Experience with Visualization Software ( PowerBI or Tableau), TSQL, and Reporting
- On-line marketing experience a plus
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world ' s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that ' s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we ' ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom !
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Back to top