BU Global Strategy Lead
- New York, NY
Position at MediaCom
About the Role:
Title: BU Global Strategy Lead
The BU Global Strategy lead will define and map out the strategic direction for Global / NA Consumer, and Global Gaming and B2B for this multi-national, well known technology company , partnering with international and North American client leadership .
They will look to you to defin e a problem and craft an analytical ly driven strategic approach through deep business and audience l andscape understanding. You will partner and inspire our internal regional planning leaders to deliver consistency and excellence worldwide. You will oversee the work of the team members in the Global strategy team.
- Partner with Global and Regional BU c lient leads on strategic development, by linking business challenges with the right media , comms and connected creative solutions
- Connecting business planning and media implications to unlock growth and new opportunities
- Work closely with regional market teams on region specific challenges
- Develop innovative solutions by spotting client business growth opportunities and design presentations to articulate the story in an impactful manner.
- Seamlessly collaborate with other strategy director peers on the business.
- Monitor and ensure the integration of strategy throughout the delivery process; demonstrate the ability to take action (or engage with others to do so) to modify/ course-correct as needed to ensure the integrity of the plan and deliverables
Your People Skill:
- The role reports into the Managing Partner, Global Strategy Director at Mediacom
- The role needs to influence, collaborate and direct work with multiple regional and market team members who don't report directly.
- Partner with colleagues in the Global COE, across MADTech, Business Science, Digital and Ops
- Inspire and manage strategy team members
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels and able to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships interdepartmentally
- Build and maintain strong client relationship at multiple levels - global, regional and market.
Your Skills & Abilities:
- A self-starter; full ownership and accountability - Able to quickly learn, lead and drive
- Media strategy/ p lanning background preferred , with analytical bend of mind and curiosity to understand deeper into business .
- Exposure to various business analysis methods - CDI/BDI, Growth headroom analysis, portfolio analysis etc as well as propensity/predictive audience modeling techniques.
- Ability to simplify/synthesize complex data from a variety of sources and then communicate solutions in a simple, fresh perspective that clearly outlines the business opportunities, media roles and channel relevance.
- Fully versed on the strategic roles of interactive/digital as well as familiar with predicted evolutions
- Should be able to work closely with adtech , martech , crm teams to integrate data and technology to strategy and planning .
- Skilled familiarity with various research techniques and sources (qualitative consumer research, various forms of quantitative research methodologies)
- The ability to work quickly and well under pressure, often multitasking on a variety of projects
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a constructive way, curiosity to find better ways as a natural way of thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flair to create concise and impactful presentations.
- 10 + years previous senior level marketing experience
A bout MediaCom:
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
People First, Better Results
Back to top