Associate Director, Integrated Media
- New York, NY
Position at MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom!
About the Role:
Are you a Systems Thinker? Can you translate the complex making it simple for other people? Do you enjoy using data and being creative? This role is for you! We are looking for Systems Thinkers to play a leading role in our client teams. This role will be responsible for delivering integrated communications plans for our clients across all media channels.
Objectives of the Role:
The AMD is a developing leader within the core team. He/she is the day to day liaison with the client and will seek to develop a strong working relationship with client stakeholders. An experienced planner across all traditional and digital channels they will drive the planning outputs to ensure plans are fully integrated, data-informed and deliver on strategy to meet business goals. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Become a trusted client advisor: develop and strengthen relationships with day to day client stakeholders, manage expectations on delivering to scope of work.
• Set clear communications goals: Understand communications objective and ability to translate those into clear campaign objectives/KPIs to be planned against
• Identify target audiences and drive insight: Develop audience profiles and have the ability to compare audiences as well as uncover unique insights that inform channel planning
• Manage audiences across platforms: Explore and uncover the best channel targeting for client's objectives
• Drive great work: Produce innovative channel plans that are aligned to client objectives and MediaCom's strategies. Lead channel planning, ensuring both rigor and creativity
• Seamless & flawless execution: Partner in the execution of channel plans. Lead channel budget allocations for all media channels. Oversight on all media dollars in market and continuous review of investments across all channels. Ensure all tactical plans are completed with the necessary tools and deliver against the client/MediaCom strategies. Manage teams to deliver flawless execution ensuring deliverables hit MCs 95% accuracy targets.
• Make the most of data: Ensure excellent data insight, management, and quality strategies are implemented for the client, manage compliance across team in using GroupM/MC tools & assets
• Deliver results: Monitor performance of media plans versus client/MediaCom objectives
People First, Better Results
• Learning: Ensuring test and learn activities are factored into planning and implementation of all media
• Day to day delivery: Manage team deliveries of all key client objectives. Maintain highly visible presence with day to day clients. Develop POVs on various media in the marketplace
• Ability to find solutions: For client, vendor and internal department challenges and/or discrepancies People Responsibilities:
• Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching the team
• Thought leadership with positive intent in all things people and team related
• Conduct regular one-on-one, 360 feedback and development plans with direct reports
• Sharing knowledge across the team and ensure ongoing personal development
• Create a positive team culture with Director and ensure behaviors are being led by example
• Drive collaboration and communication across the team
• Awareness of the staffing structure of their team and implications
• Be an advocate for new and/or more efficient ways of working
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Industry knowledge: Best practices in principles of marketing and advertising, media concepts and terms
• Consumer knowledge: An up-to-date knowledge of all key consumer insight tools, including DMPs, digital resources, data insight and execution tools
• Planning fundamentals: Understand and be able to use all key media planning tools e.g. NMI, Telmar, Reach Optimizers
• Client relationships: Proven track record of strong day to day management of clients
• Leadership: Example of leading with integrity and transparency
• Management: Proven team/people management
• Collaboration: Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration beyond core team
• Strong communication: Credible, articulate voice who knows how to command the room
• Development of people: Proven mentoring and coaching of team members
• Strategic thinking: Proven track record of strategic thinking and the application
• Creativity: Examples of creative problem solving
• Curiosity: Demonstrated learning or application of curiosity in previous roles
• Analytical thinking: aptitude for analytics/data interpretation and sound thinking
• Superior organizational, interpersonal and managerial skills: High expectation with attention to detail
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Back to top